Mia had a play date with her cousin Owen while his mama was finding them a more permanent place to live. He just moved here so they haven't had a lot of time to play together but you would never have guessed that. They are already amazing little buddies. There was only one time in a five hour stretch that I had to step in and ask them to share. AMAZING!!
What do you do to get make a little guy feel comfortable? Get out the dinosaur chicken nuggets and apple sauce for a indoor picnic.
Sara, here is your proof that he will eat chicken nuggets! He loved them!!
After their picnic, it was off to the toys. As you can see they demolished the Legos while I was making lunch. Next was the dollhouse.
Owen was trying to figure out how to repair the door Mia ripped off. What a cute thinking face!
Owen decided he wanted to finish his applesauce and Mia thought he might need some assistance.
Moving on the the medical case, they were checking out baby Kate and Ella dog. Both seemed to be in good health according to Dr. Mia and Dr. B! It amazes me how these little ones are like sponges. Mia hasn't been to the doctor in a few months and she remembered what all the tools did. I always die of laughter when she says "deep bwref" then takes a deep breath herself.
B looks so serious. He really care about his Ella dog. Maybe he'll be a vet someday!
Next came the garbage truck. This was a good solid 15 minutes of entertainment for these two which lead to hide and seek in the space between the storm door and front door.
Looks like I need to clean my storm door after that excitement!
Can you stand the little dimple on this guy?!?!
Then we built a fort. They sat in there and read books for a long time before asking me to join them. I know Mia is "reading" upside down. She is on the page where there is a camel walking on the ceiling and every time she insists that the book be turned over so the camel can walk the right way. Owen found our one and only Thomas the tank engine book. He was a happy camper!
I got down there in the fort to read to them hoping this would encourage a nap. It worked. After reading the four story in the book, I asked the usual follow up questions and got no answer. They were snoring away. This is what I call a successful play date!
Mr. B you are welcome at our house any time. Mia loved having someone to keep her company all afternoon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment