Check out this blowout for the Ray family record books. When I peeled back her onesie, which was brand new and super cute (major sad face), there was poop in her armpits. The girl sure can poop!!
Mark had to work last weekend so the girls and I went shopping with my mom and brother. Mia got all ready for our outing with her bracelets, clogs, cell phone and a purse filled with “credit cards”. I should have taken a picture of myself because she also picked out our outfits so we were matching, cuffed jeans and all. She was telling everyone we were “same” while doing the sign language for same!
On Saturday evening, I thought I had forgotten Madi outside because I couldn’t find her until I went to get the girls’ dirty clothes and here she was a snuggled up in Mia’s bed.
Unfortunately, Madi had been leaking while she slept (the vet says it’s because she’s going through menopause, poor thing) so I had to put a pair of Mia’s training pants on her so she could continue her cuddles with Mia. The “diaper” didn’t seem to bother her sleep too much.
I desperately needed some peace and quiet one evening so Mark took the girls out for Mia’s new favorite past time, driving. This entertains Mia for a good 30 minutes or more. You gotta take advantage of the simple means of entertainment when you are a parent!
Lillian is on the verge of rolling over. I put the toys just out of reach so she can stretch for them but she just can’t seem to get over her chunky, little arm. Instead, she just falls asleep all twisted. By the way, have I mentioned that I am so thankful it is warm enough to let Lily chill in her diaper all day. I love to cuddle with (almost) naked babies and their awesomely soft skin!
Mia decided she wanted to get off the toilet without waiting for my help. A nosedive into the bathroom floor was the result. Can you see the square bruise on her forehead from the floor tiles?
While playing with her alphabet cards, Mia told me that J was for Jesus and pointed to the cat in the hat. At least she knows J is for Jesus!
It got a little quiet while I was feeding Lily. I knew Mia was up to something. Sure enough, I found her in the kitchen with a floor covered in tupperware covers. Most had post-it notes on them. She was so proud of herself for finding and using “Mommy’s stickers.”
My brother Graham likes to pop his collar when wearing polo shirts. My sister Bri and other brother Griff like to call him “fratastic” when he does that. I couldn’t resist popping Lily’s collar so she could also be fratastic like her Uncle Graham!
UPDATE: Graham would like me to clarify that he DOES NOT pop his collar. However, he does wear dock shoes with his scrubs which still gives him the fratastic designation!
We start our little ones on technology early! Just kidding, we have a white noise app on my old phone for nap times. All of a sudden the sounds were changing and I went in to find Lily hitting the button to switch between static, train noises and rolling waves.
We had a play date with Michael and built a fort (one of our favorite pastimes when we are stuck inside due to heat). I found the two little buddies talking about the cars they saw driving by. Mia was telling Michael what colors she saw. I love watching their sweet friendship!
No comments:
Post a Comment