Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Great Minnesota Get-together!

I love going to the state fair. Wait let me restate that, I LOVE eating my way through the state fair! This was really the first year Miss Mia got into enjoying the fair my way. So enjoy the state fair tour of foods!

Mini Donuts

IMG_1770

Strawberries & Cream

IMG_1773

Let me share Mia's thoughts… "I liked that stwawbewwy but I want to hold the bowl pwease Tia!"

IMG_1774

"Much better!"

IMG_1775

While exploring some exhibits, Mia needed more food so I offered her some bunnies (not from the fair).

IMG_1777

Shaved ice with a flavor combination I have perfected over the years, pina coloda & raspberry. Mia agreed it's a winning combination.

IMG_1780

Mia was skeptical of the next stop (almost breaking her daddy's Wisconsin heart) but after a few bites fell in love with those magical cheese curds.

IMG_1781

Sweet corn followed the curds. This guy was overjoyed to be offered a double fisting opportunity for the price of one ear of corn.

IMG_1782

However, after sharing a bite with little Mia, he had to give up one of the ears to his niece…that's love!

IMG_1783

Mia loved eating her corn like the big kids.

IMG_1785

Mia was giddy to see Liz when Uncle Graham arrived. She hated being more than a few feet from Liz and took every opportunity to walk hand in hand with her new best friend during the fair.

IMG_1772 

Lily enjoyed the fair but for different reasons… the opportunity for a nice long nap!

 IMG_1776 

I don't remember what was so funny but we did a lot of laughing with each other which was good considering all the food we ate.

.IMG_1779

Check out the love birds or should I say nearly-weds (this was just one week from their big day).

IMG_1786

After stuffing our bellies to their limits, we made our way to the barns. Mia liked the smaller animals but hated the bigger ones like the horses and cows…good thing Liz was there to carry her safely through the barns.

IMG_1788IMG_1790IMG_1791IMG_1793

After visiting the animals, we needed some pure sugar!!! Yum, cotton candy!

IMG_1795

Lily was awake and Mia really need a nap so we did a little stroller switcheroo but Mia was too excited about the entertainment options the big stroller provided her…

IMG_1797

until her heavy eyes gave way to sleep.

IMG_1798

And because Lily didn't want to be left out of the food showing, I snapped a picture while she enjoyed her bottle as we waited for our dairy barn milkshakes to finish out the day.

IMG_1801

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is one big YUM!