Sunday, July 4, 2010

VACATION (Part 1)!!!!!

I was dreading our plane rides to Hilton Head. Last year was so easy with a little baby. Now my child wiggles and walks, how were we going to contain and entertain her for several hours...grandparents, aunts, uncles, and pacifiers were the solution. Mia was amazing and we didn't even need Benadryl.

We employed our rolling suitcases to give her little legs a rest.
Mia got confused with the luggage cart thinking it was suitcase.
Another key ingredient to vacation is back rubs. Uncle Graham taught Mia the art of the perfect back rub.
On our first day we played in the pool. Mark and Mia were "practicing" jumping into the pool with our coffee tables for a month before we left. Mia is just like her Daddy, a fish out of water. We jumped and splashed and played motor boat until it was nap time, the rough life of a toddler.
I can barely stand how cute she is in her little bikini. Mark was pretending to be upset when I bought it because he didn't understand why would we let our little girl show so much skin. I'm glad he is protective but every little girl needs a bikini!!!
You'll notice G.G.'s hand in the upper left of the picture. We almost had a tantrum when G.G. wouldn't get in the pool with her. Mia didn't understand that she was all dressed and did not want to splash in the water. Luckily Uncle Graham found an adequate distraction.
Oh and for fun while on vacation, Mia decided she wants to use the toilet like we do...potty training here we come. I know that I need to use her toilet interest to my advantage while it lasts. Let's just hope she doesn't fall in since her little toilet seat did not make it into the already large suitcase.
More vacation fun coming soon!

No comments: