Saturday, October 30, 2010

This is a long one but I've saved the best for last so read it all!


We have been really busy. The difference about this busy and the last times I've been busy is that I am remembering to grab my camera and snap pictures. I just don't share them as often as I would like.
 Since Mark's parents don't live in town, they have skype dates with Mia. She asks for Grandma and Grandpa and we give them a call. We also enjoy the technological babysitting. With the video feed through the TV and the camera/microphone sitting on a chair nearby, she is entertained for a good solid hour! This night she had a "picnic" with Grandma and Dad while I got some work done on the computer.
 We spent a weekend with my mom while we were ridding our house of fleas (I won't even go there but they really are annoying). Mom was trying to clean out her cabinets and Mia "tried" to help. At least she's good company!
 Here was her reasoning for dumping all the cereal out on the floor, to scoot around.
 Who wouldn't want to wake up from a nap and go straight into Bedste snuggling arms?!?!
 Mia really wanted to try the potty before her bath but she didn't want to leave the football game so she pulled her potty into the kitchen and asked me if she could go. That is a true fan!
 Peek-a-boo and pizza were a fun combination at dinner. Mia will ask, "Where's Ya-ya?" while her hands are over her face then tell us that Ya-ya is hiding. She thinks she is so funny and we agree. It is fantastic dinner entertainment!

 I taught Mia how to lick her fingers and I am proud of her new found trick!
 This night we went straight from the table to the tub.
 Mia was playing really well by herself so Mark and I were getting stuff done when I realized the box to go out for recycling was missing. Look who found it! She was also sitting in it like a boat but wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get a picture.
I talked Mia into pigtails one afternoon and they stayed for a good 30 minutes. I consider this a victory.
(Yes, she is eating a french fry, I was go excited about the pigtails that I let the french fries slide!)
 She looks so grown up with her pigtails!
 Mark and I went to a Halloween party for our date night. (Thanks for letting Mia sleep over Mom!) Coming up with a really creative costume is not our forte so I went to my recent issue of parents magazine and used their ideas for inspiration (or just copied them). Any guesses as to who we are?!?!
Think Aesop's fables...
If you guessed the tortoise and the hare, you are right!
We had fun even though we left the party at 9:00 because we are boring and old. Maybe next year we'll take a nap before we go!
 We had another zoo adventure before it get's to cold to visit the tigers and bear outside.
 Can you feel the attitude coming from my little Mia? She was really not into the hat.
Here's my own little side note...why don't retailers make reasonably priced (I'm talking under $10 not $25) hats with velcro under the chin for kids up to age 5 instead of just for the newborns. The newborns can't even figure out how to get their hands to their head let alone get a hat off but they get the velcro. Mia hates her hat and I think it would stay on if she had to battle the velcro but instead she gives me this face every time she rips her hat off then tells me she's cold and says, "burrrr" with a shiver motion. She learned the shiver from daycare, I saw her teacher do it on Friday!
 She was singing to Mark while we walked to the bears and otters. I wish you could get audio with this adorable picture.
 Mia was a bit apprehensive about the otters. They kept splashing right in front of her and she was not cool with that.
 Then we got to the tigers. She was sort of interested but really wanted to focus on her snack.
 This was my favorite part. She is totally engrossed in her puffs when the tiger got right in her face. She looked up at him, said "hi" then went right back to focusing on her snack. The other kids were following the tiger and telling their parents all about it. Mia just wanted her full attention on her snack.
 Here she is offering to share with the tiger. It made my mom heart proud even if it was with a huge scary animal.
 I told you I saved the best for last! When trying to take my 20 week picture (that's right over half way since I'll be scheduled at 39 weeks!!!) Mia wouldn't get away from the camera. So I grabbed a stool and let her join in the fun.
 This kills me. We have started telling her that there is a baby in my belly and she then lifts up her shirt to point to her belly and asks, "baby?" We are still trying to figure out how to explain. Until then, we will let her take the "belly" pictures with me and be her cute self, hands on her belly and all.
 Giving baby bean a kiss!
The official 20 week picture.
For comparison, here is my 20 week picture from Amelia. I am bigger and my hair is longer!

Stop back later this week for ultrasound pictures, it is a ...baby. For the gender you'll have to wait it out until March. There will also be pictures of Miss Mia dressed up for Halloween...they will not disappoint!!! Thanks for sticking with me to the end. Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love the pictures of Mia with you at the end. I can't believe how much bigger you are than with Mia at 20 weeks. Can't imagine what 38 and 39 weeks will look like!

Tanner said...

Mia is getting so big! She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I can't decide which picture I like more--just love them all! The picture on the potty reminded me of one I have of ME at that age. Maybe I'll remember to bring it up next time we come!