Friday, September 10, 2010

Summer fun

Our little family has had a really busy summer but I haven't stopped taking pictures, I just haven't been able to share them with you. Here are my favorites.
One of my co-workers was getting rid of the little washer/dryer set and thought of Mia. She loves them. I'll find her rounding up towels to stuff in the washer. She turn the knob and then go read a book. Later she'll come back and move it to the dryer. It kills me how well she "does laundry"...maybe time to put her to work. And the best part is that she'll push the washer/dryer set around the house so she can "do laundry" with Mom and Dad.
One Saturday morning when Mark was working, I couldn't resist the image in the stove of our breakfast on the kitchen rug.
We enjoyed the ponytail for all of five minutes before our tomboy ripped it out of her hair.
I was working hard at the dining room table when I heard a little knock on the window and saw this adorable face.
Mark and Mia were trying to get me to come out and play and it worked!
At our national night out block party, the kiddos got light sticks. Mia loved hers so much it had to join her for a bath.
We took a weekend in Madison and got to enjoy Grandma's homemade donuts for the first time. YUM!!!
Mia loves her books.
Mark was out mowing the lawn and Mia kept saying "peas" (please) but wouldn't tell me what she wanted until she finally pointed to the door and said "Daddy peas." I melted. She just wanted to watch him mow the lawn. Madi, of course, joined in the fun. I love my babies (two or four legged) watching their daddy!

My little baby is growing up and wants to do almost everything by herself, like carry her snack to her highchair. She missed the tray and dropped the box then started wailing. Poor thing thought they were all lost. After snapping a picture like the good mom I am, I showed her how to pick up the blueberries and wash them. When Mia realized she could still have her berries, she was fine.

That's all I've got. Here's to the fall! Watch for some fun fall pictures coming soon.

No comments: