Thursday, April 8, 2010

Update just because

I was just cleaning off the camera and found some random pictures from the last few weeks.
ENJOY!Her last night of being nursed before bed. I figured once she could find the nursing pillow hidden behind our bed and bring it too me in the living room meant she was old enough to be weaned.
My little computer buddy.
Touching the ceiling... her new favorite game
Following the ceiling game always comes...FLAG POLE. Look at those core muscles, just like your Tia Bria when she was your age.

Mia had a really bad diaper rash and we had to let her go naked to air out the sores. Here she is napping with her little naked bum in the sun (I left that part out of the picture). I just loved that I was able to get in close for a picture without the crib rails. How sweet is that little face?
Later in the day I let her color naked. She really took to the naked thing.
Little hint for moms out there...I took our old labor law poster from my office which is laminated and let her color on it with dry erase markers. She loves it and the poster is huge so I don't have to worry about the mess. Ask your boss if you can have the previous years' poster when they update (which they are supposed to do every year).
The weather is finally warm enough to wear crocs...the dream shoe for moms!

Having dinner with the baby that came in her Easter basket from Bedste. She wouldn't do anything without the baby that whole weekend.
Dad lets Mia pick out her afternoon snack. I love that she is reading the nutrition label before making her choice!
Dad dressed me... notice the buttons.
Telling GGpa about her Easter basket.
Reading books with Uncle Graham and GG before Easter dinner. We didn't really do an Easter egg hunt because she'd been playing with her Easter eggs all week but that means no pictures and I didn't think of this until she was in the tub for bath time. I was not about to get her dressed again just to get some pictures. Oh well!

3 comments:

slkooiman said...

Wow, Marissa. You're still nursing Mia? Bravo, my dear. There is no way I could have done that. You should be very proud of that accomplishment!

Christy said...

I like the button picture!

Angela said...

She's getting so big! I love dry erase markers, we have a Step2 easel that the kids love coloring on. FYI the Expo markers stain clothing if they accidentally get it on them, or ruin PBK Anywhere chairs, but I've been told Lakeshore Learning carries washable dry erase markers.