Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mia's Dedication

I got Mia new shoes for her dedication at the request of my grandmother. After trying them on, she wouldn't take them off. All the clothes were optional, but the shoes stayed. She's a shoe girl and that makes me smile.
This is the actual dedication part of the service. When they asked us about Amelia, Mark said something really sweet about her bringing joy to everyone she interacts with.
We choose Ephesians 3:16-19 for her verse.
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
While Mark was reading the verse to her she wanted to get down and go meet everyone in the audience. During the prayer she kept wiggling around in my arms. I had to stifle my laughter because she didn't want the pastor to pray over her during her blessing.
After the service, we went back to our house for some brunch and gifts (because my family doesn't listen to me and brought gifts). She liked the wrapping paper better than her new hat.

She had a little chat with Bedste, probably thanking her for the book of virtues!
I let her pick out her dress. I brought home two options and we tried them on (more checking sizes). Her little face broke into a huge smile when she saw her reflection in the mirror wearing this dress, so the pink ruffles won!
And then the uncles found our bike in the garage! Crazy uncles!!!

No comments: