Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Festivities (Minnesota Verison)

The second part of our Christmas was spent at my mom's house. Because of the highly advertised snowstorm, we packed up and moved in to Mom's. It was fun to spend a long weekend with her since we are never "out-of-town" guests.

We started with a trip to the Mall of America on Wednesday evening not to buy presents but to take in the Christmas spirit. Bedste also had the urge to take Mia on the carousel. She loved it until it started moving. And now being a parent, I am amazed at how fast that thing moves. I can see why she was scared.


Opening presents on Christmas morning with Mark's help...
Funny thing is we have been shopping for both Christmas and her birthday (since that's less than 2 months away!!!) over the past few months. But it seems everything Mia's Bedste bought appeared under the tree on Christmas morning...she is one spoiled little girl!

We got out the dancing Santa and gave Mia the hat. I wish I had taken a video because she was dancing along to Santa singing "Have a holly, jolly Christmas."

Mark was worn out after all the shoveling and Mia loves her naps with her dad!

Isn't is beautiful!?!?! I love that we'll be able to tell Mia about her first Christmas, the big Christmas snowstorm of 2009.

On Christmas day, Mia got to play with her cousin Owen. It's always fun to see them play together!

I was asking Mia to give Owen a hug and she leaned right in, but still "posed" for the picture. I love that she knows what a hug is!!! And I love that she knows to play it up for the camera! What a ham!

No comments: