Friday, July 24, 2009

Cousin Time!!!

One of the joys of our trip was the time the "cousins" had to play together. Owen, my cousin Sara's son, and Amelia are 3 weeks apart in age and it has been fun to talk about their changes over the phone. Not until now did we really get to see them interact and it is amazing how different they are. They are night and day different in their personalities (I think you'll see it in the pictures). My sweet Amelia is the party animal. She has to make sure everyone can hear her chatter and that everyone knows she's there. She is quite the flirt and wants to wiggle constantly. Owen, on the other hand, is the strong silent type. He would sit for an hour silently watching every thing. His big blue eyes are always looking around and you know his little mind is taking it all in. My child is taking it all in just in a very different way. When we first saw everyone on Thursday morning, Amelia just reached out, put one hand on either side of Owen's face and pulled him in for a kiss. She scared him a bit and we had to keep her away and try to teach her the art of gentleness. On our last day together, we got some pictures and again, Mia tried desperately to get Owen to play with her. I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard while shooting these pictures. I just wish we had a video camera so you could have seen the lengths we went through to calm Amelia and "protect" Owen. Sara and I can't wait to watch them interact over the years and see if these personalities remain. I'm guessing Amelia will always be trying to get Owen to come out of his shell and I am preparing myself for the fact that Amelia will probably be the one initiating the trouble making they will do when they are older.







When it was time for Sara and Owen to leave, Amelia wouldn't let go.
It safe to say she loves her cousin!
Thanks for being a good sport Owen B!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Those pictures are so funny. I love the one where she is grabbing Owens nose!

slkooiman said...

I like the one where it looks like Mia is trying to spoon with him. So cute!

And in response to your question on my blog, Marissa - Nope. Never sewed in my life! If I don't get a Hooter Hider for my birthday, I'll have to email you for guidance. :-)