Monday, February 23, 2009






It is with great joy, pride, and humility that we introduce our newest addition to our family. Amelia Jean Ray was born at 6:49pm on Monday, February 23, 2009. She was a very large baby weighing in at 10lbs 3oz, measuring 23inches long (as long as the tape measure is that they measure newborns with), and had a head circumference of 14inches.

Marissa was a trooper through the whole labor. Sunday morning at 7am is when the contractions started, we went to the hospital at 6pm on Sunday night, and at nearly 7pm Monday Amelia was born. In all Marissa endured 36 hours of labor with great strength and patience. Ultimately, it was decided that a C-section was needed to get Amelia out because her head was so big and she wasn't positioned right because she was so large.

Mom and baby are doing well. Dad is on cloud 9 having been a witness to this amazing life event. Thanks to all for your support through this process that was at times stressful and nerve racking. We look forward to introducing you all to Amelia in the coming weeks.

8 comments:

Angela said...

Congratulations Marissa and Mark! She's beautiful! I love her name...of course I'm partial! I'm sure your parents are just beaming Marissa!

Christy said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! I'm sure that you are so happy to finally be able to hold your little one in your arms. I hope you all are doing well and I can't wait to meet her!

The Priolas said...

Holy Cow girl! you are a trooper!!! I don't know which is worse preeclampsia or 36 hours of labor, yikes its a toss up!

Anywho, can't wait to meet this little one that you have patiently waited for for so long! Aren't you glad I convinced you to buy that little red dress? I just had a feeling it was a little girl!

MatGlab said...

Congratulations!!!!!

-Mat G

Jen said...

So excited to hear your news. Congratulations and get lots of rest. My son was 11 lbs. 2 oz. at birth...those big babies sure take a lot out of you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Marissa and Mark! I can't wait to meet little Amelia Jean Ray. Good job!

Jessica Turner said...

YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!

slkooiman said...

Yay! Congrats and what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl!