Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pictures from July…my final catch-up post!!!

Mia has fallen in love with the Sunday comics. She "reads" the paper with Mark before church.

IMG_0363_edited-1IMG_0361_edited-1

Lillian found she can suck on her lower lip. It's pretty cute!

IMG_0355_edited-1

Mia wanted to join in the picture fun but wouldn't walk away from breakfast.

IMG_0349_edited-1

My little organization freak. She loves sorting her cards or toys by a common feature. Today was by color.

IMG_0346_edited-1IMG_0344_edited-1

Mark was "supervising".

IMG_0339_edited-1

Lily loves to sleep with a limb through the crib rails. Maybe it's her way of keeping close to the outside world.

IMG_0338_edited-1

I was trying to get a picture of our two year old play date…major FAIL!! It's hard enough to get three two year olds to be still long enough to snap a picture let alone look at the camera with a smile.

IMG_0331_edited-1IMG_0329_edited-1

Mark and I really wanted to take naps and the girls just wouldn't have it. Can you see my frustration?!?!

IMG_0260_edited-1

Our new favorite story reading system is to have Mark lay on the couch and put the girls on his stomach. They LOVE it!

IMG_0246_edited-1IMG_0241_edited-1IMG_0240_edited-1

It was a record breaking day for heat and humidity in Minnesota and Mia picked her fleece with footie pajamas. It wasn't worth the battle so we let her sleep in front of her little fan.

IMG_0232_edited-1

Mia likes to find little nooks to play in. I love when she crosses her feet and goes about her business.

IMG_0160_edited-1IMG_0157_edited-1IMG_0156_edited-1IMG_0150_edited-1

This was another parents-need-a-nap-girls-think-otherwise afternoon. Mark didn't let that stop him.

IMG_0489_edited-1IMG_0487_edited-1IMG_0483_edited-1

Lily might be teething so we got out the frozen chew toys. Mia had try each toy to make sure she could offer Lily the best option. What a helper!

IMG_0785_edited-1

I know this is blurry but it's the best one. Mia was squealing with joy each time Mark would toss her in the air. The girl is quite the dare devil!

IMG_0758_edited-1

Lily wanted in on the action. Sorry little one, you have to wait your turn.

IMG_0740_edited-1

Sister time in the crib. Being typical sisters, there had to be some hair pulling and "Mom, make her stop" yelling!

IMG_0736_edited-1

All better now. These two love being together and I just melt when they have their happy sister times.

IMG_0712_edited-1

Dad and his girls.

IMG_0704_edited-1

I have no idea what was happening here but this is a typical Mia pose. Random spot on the floor for a snack with toys spread out in the background.

IMG_0511_edited-1

Mia got herself dressed for bed. She didn't think there was a problem with her pants. I wish I had gotten a video of her waddling over to me to tell me she didn't need help.

IMG_0504_edited-1

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom was one of our bribes to keep Mia's pants dry all day. She has only gotten it twice in the past month. I have to remind myself she will get potty trained eventually!!

IMG_0498_edited-1

She and baby were having a little chat in the tub.

IMG_0491_edited-1

Counting Dad's teeth. He has "twenty four sebenteen eleben teeth" in case you are wondering.

IMG_0470_edited-1IMG_0468_edited-1

We keep the fans going all day on the steamy days. Mia loves the way she sounds when she talks into the fan.

IMG_0441_edited-1IMG_0437_edited-1

1 comment:

slkooiman said...

I always love your photos, Marissa. Yes, they are beautiful photos (and such cute subjects), but I just always get such a kick out of the randomness shown in them. Random mattress in the living room, random napping in a ball bit, random rain boots, etc. I love it!