Friday, January 14, 2011

Our first week back in the swing of things.

 I think she loves this phone more than I do.
 My challenge to myself for the year is to take more creative pictures (play with my camera and angles). I love her chubby little fingers in this one. I also love that it shows her independence... she has to hold the book and turn the pages when we read.
 Our good friends had a baby in November then were quarantined due to health issues. The restriction was lifted last week and we were overjoyed!!! Mia and I spent the whole morning in the basement with Katie, Michael and baby Timothy! Although, I didn't take many pictures, Mia was glad to have her boyfriend back! They were talking to each other on the cell phones! How things have changed since we were kids.
 I know my camera focused on the table and not their cute little hands sharing animal crackers but I couldn't resist sharing the sweet moment!
 In preparation for our baby Bean to arrive, we have talked about Micheal's baby brother a lot. Mia was excited to "help" with the baby. She was rocking him to sleep while we were getting lunch ready.
 Potty training is underway in our house. This is where we spend a lot of time these days, in fact, we keep a cushion on the floor and a pile of books behind the door for one of use to sit and read to her. Mark was getting her ready for daycare the other day and she asked to use the potty. After 5 minutes of waiting he said he'll need to change his morning schedule to accommodate the "trying" we do now.
 We went to the dog show last weekend with Bedste. Mia (and my mom) were in heaven!!! I didn't realize how close we would be to the dogs. Mia wanted to get in and say hi.
Here is the view from up above. We were marveling at the golden retrievers.
I've said this before but I'll say it again. Mia loves helping with dishes. She comes home from daycare and asks to do dishes. It is really sweet to watch Mark "teach" her how to do dishes. Her biggest challenge is not putting the clean dishes back in the soapy water.
I asked her to show me the yogurt on her face and this was the reaction my camera caught.
She was copying what I did while Mark had the camera so we practiced our modeling moves.
Mia has been sick with a nasty cold. On Wednesday, Mark and I split the day for work. I brought work home and really needed her to take a nap but she didn't want to be away from me. This was our compromise, nap time in the hallway...it worked!
Our sick little baby fell asleep on the couch like this. Too cute!
Mia was still sick yesterday so we stayed inside again. I decided it was a good choice when this was the view out our windows.
I was really hoping my sick baby would be doing this most of the day. Madi took the hint while Mia avoided naps.
I'm not sure what inspired her to use her boot as a crayon box.
This is what our house looked like thanks to Mia, the crazy sick child full of energy.
I am so grateful for Veggie Tales streamed on netflix. I think I would have lost my mind yesterday without a little "help" from Larry the cucumber and Bob the tomato. And I do love when Mia sings along to the opening song. They way she sings "broccoli, celery," cracks me up every time.
She finally gave into a nap...just sitting up.

Remember that picture of the scene outside from earlier in the post? Even though it was snowing like crazy outside, my little nudist wanted to be pants-less. I was just glad to convince her to keep the socks on.

No comments: