Mia can climb into the desk chair and pull up to the desk. I found her here making some "work" calls. She then moved on to writing letters the old fashioned way. What a little worker bee!
Mia has learned that she can get out of bed if she doesn't want to go to sleep. The hinges on her door are really squeaky so we have a heads up before she makes her appearance. I caught her little hand this afternoon. She played with the door for a minute or two before actually showing her face.
I love having a mirror across from her room. When I am sitting at the computer, I can catch her escaping from nap time. (By the way, I love her in carharts!)
Later in the day, Mia was looking for trouble and found it with Madison. She was poking at her and trying to hit her with "gentle touch" as she said. After we told her not to touch Madi, she would look at us and say "No touch." This doesn't look like the face of a child who is going to leave her dog alone, does it?
Mia has always loved playing with her hair. She has taken it a step further and started twirling it. This is the result...big knots! Mia had her first unofficial haircut when I had to take care of a knot I couldn't untangle. We now use leave-in conditioner after every bath. It works wonders!
She couldn't fight the nap after the first attempt in her bed.
Mia just plain doesn't like her bed. We often find her sound asleep on the floor in her room. This is what we found one night. We laughed until Mark realized we had to get the door open to put her back in the bed and we had no idea how she was laying. She stayed asleep even though we had to push her with the door.
War wound from daycare. Her face was used as a grip by another child (with sharp fingernails) to stand up. I wanted to teach her to say, "You should see the other guy," but that was more words than she could handle for the evening.
Again, asleep on the floor behind the door..too cute!
Sorry, no pictures of Mia in the snow. It's a little tough to play in 12 inches of snow when your snow boots are stuck at daycare. I guess we'll just have to wait for the next snowstorm!












1 comment:
I look forward to getting letters from her any day now! Great pictures, as always, Marissa!
Post a Comment