Wednesday, January 28, 2009


(from Mark at 11:15 this morning, notes in italics are from Marissa later in the day)...

I thought you would like to know that last night Marissa thought it would be fun to go to the hospital. So she tripped on a step (caught her foot which is typical when you feet grow a full size thanks to pregnancy and to clarify I fell up the stair, not down) at her aunt's house and crashed into the (brick) wall. After going to the hospital, getting X-rays, and thinking she was abused by me (long story, but very funny...I'll share later when some one else can type for me with both hands), the doctors decided she had fractured her radius right below her wrist. She is now sporting a new fashion with a cast from her left elbow (practically left armpit) to her wrist (knuckles) and will have it on for the next 2 weeks at least (probably longer).

Anyway, she is doing fine.
Right now she is hanging out at the hospital all wired up so that the doctors can check on the baby. Any time there is a fall they want to make sure baby is doing peachy keen, so she will be there for the next 4 hours or so. (It ended up only being 45 minutes and the baby is doing great.) When she fell she caught herself with her arm on the wall, so really that was the only body part that was seriously damaged.

It's no wonder I broke my wrist when
it absorbed all my weight, baby and all. I had to hit up target to get some clothing options to go over my huge cast (and to replace the ripped pants from when my mom helped me in the bathroom last night before the ER, she didn't know you can't pull very hard on a maternity panel in jeans). Enjoy the picture, this is probably the best I'll look for a while since I now need help with everything. We'll see how good the hair turns out with Mark's help. And on top of it all, we are staying with my mom since our bathroom is ripped down to the studs. I guess you could say I wanted a more extreme way to get out of helping! At least I can laugh about it and I know that God was protecting me and the baby because it could have been a lot worse! Pray for healing and our willingness to accept help, especially me when all I want to do is prepare my nest for our upcoming arrival.

No comments: